ABC's "Master of Science Fiction". What say you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FrankBlack, Jul 29, 2007.

1. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

First, my usual question: Is there already a thread on this?

Anyway, ABC gave the go-ahead for four episodes of this series. I'm interested, but skeptical at the same time. Why? Well, only four episodes were produced, and they are showing them on Saturday night. The "coveted demographic" is not watching television at home on Saturday night. This is known as a dead zone in the world of commercial network tv. So, the show is being used as time filler.

Still, these four episodes boast some excellent actors, and it sounds like some fine writing and production values.

Link to ABC site

What do you think?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Looks like something I would watch and theres really nothing on saturdays so the nerds will find it entertaining.

Bless

3. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

For some reason, I'm extremely leery of any sci-fi produced and broadcast by any of the Big 3 stations. It will inevitably be watered down to please the masses. And since it's ABC, it will probably have no smoking, cross-promote other ABC programs, and pitch the pleasures of Disneyland/Disneyworld.

Or not...maybe I'm just crabby today.

4. CortexRock macrumors 6502

I'm not familiar with which network does what in US TV, but if the production values are as good as Masters of Horror, it'll be worth a look!