Ability to apply $100 "early adopter" rebate to purchase of iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aniej, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I just remembered that I still have my $100 iPhone rebate that I received as an early adopter and was wondering if there has been any word on whether that rebate could be used when purchasing a new iPhone 3G?

The concern I have is that often when companies subsidize the price of a product, as is the case with AT&T, they restrict you from combining any sort of rebates or discounts. I'm leaning towards this not being a prob b/c apple in effect gave us a $100 credit to anythng in the Apple store, but I just wanted to see if anyone out there had seen anything concerning this.

2. touchyphone macrumors regular

Didnt that expire a long time ago? I think your "gift" is expired...

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

The program ended in November, but you can still use your credit... As long as the terms don't prohibit the purchase of another iPhone, you're good to go.

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

right, ok i think you and i are pretty much saying the same thing, you're just adding the point that the eligibility for receiving a rebate ended in november, not the ability to use the rebate. as far as i can see based on the terms apple provided when issuing the rebate, it can be used for anything so hopefully this is applicable to a new iPhone 3G, which would make the price point pretty sweet.

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Because credit expires :rolleyes:

Hmm i'm not sure. You'd have to buy it at Apple of course, so i guess when we found out more about activation, you could just go ahead and order from there. No one knows for sure now though.

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I really see no reason why you couldn't use it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

8. jk000 macrumors regular

jk000

9. touchyphone macrumors regular

I have had numerous gift cards and credits expire after a year if I did not use them. I got a gift card to a Target once, I never go there, a year later, I tried to use it for some Blu Ray movies, they said it was expired.