Abortion caused Australian Bushfires (religion thread)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by .Andy, Feb 9, 2009.

1. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

God is so busy these days smiting with natural diasasters. Sucks that this pastor knew about the fires (which may have killed as many as 300 people) but didn't bother to warn anyone. Or perhaps god isn't big on specifics when he appears in dreams. Sadly the supernatural has never communicated prophecies to me :(.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/past...s-bushfire-tragedy-20090210-832f.html?page=-1

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Now, give me a minute while I adjust my human skin suit....

What a total loon, absolutely unforgivable statement.

3. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

You know, they've been saying somebody's been going around actually lighting and re-lighting those bush fires, and it's pretty obvious what the second easiest way to be a successful prophet is.

The easiest, of course, is predicting the future after it's already happened, but still, if I were the police I'd want to have a very serious conversation with this jackass.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No major tragedy passes without some religious nutter trying to blame it on some group that they despise in an attempt to raise their profile (and their bank accounts, no doubt).

6. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Priceless :D

Anyway, isn't it blasphemous to put words in God's mouth? Or did God happen to leave a description of the crime committed and a signature along with the fires?

7. Queso macrumors G4

So this guy predicted the Bush would burn?

Yeah, that's what I call a prophecy....

What a prize spoon.

8. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Since they say the fires were started by arsonists, is he implying that perhaps he had a hand in these fires...? :eek:

9. shikimo macrumors 6502

Just another example of a religious nutjob capitalizing on the misery of others to push forth his religio-political agenda...this sort of rhetorical tactic is getting disturbingly common.

Here's a big middle finger to all those who ruined religion for the rest of us.

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I agree. Whilst I'm not religious these type of people really do a lot to harm the reputation of the majority of people.

11. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'd like some clarification here. Does abortion cause wildfires, or does any sin cause wildfires? Is this in Australia only? What kind of sins should I commit if I want to see, say, an area flooded?

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Well Gay pride parades cause Hurricanes and homosexual relations cause earthquakes, you'd have to ask Lee about focussing the location though.

13. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Flooding's a tough one. It is caused by generalized nonspecific wickedness, but last time Jehovah tried that he woke up the next morning and said, "whoa, that was a dick move even for Me. I'd better change the refractive index of water to remind Myself not to do that again."

14. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I think it goes like this:

Tragedy of the day + Sin of choice = God's wrath.