? about apple ID's and maybe new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ttravis78, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ttravis78 macrumors newbie

Hopefully this isn't too complicated. I used to have an iPod touch as my only iOS device on my computer. Then my wife got one so I set her up with her own user account on Windows 7 so she would have her own music library and apps (thought this was the best way to keep them separate). But she uses my apple ID to add apps (mostly free ones)

When I got the iPhone 4s, I set it up on my iTunes account and it pretty much copied my iPod touch to my iPhone. ( I don't use the iPod touch anymore.)

If I get her a 4s when they are cheaper next week, I want to set it up brand new with her own apple ID. Can I log onto my windows account (and iTunes account) and set it up brand new with her own apple ID and set her phone up from scratch?

My other option (the one I really want to do), is to use her device upgrade from Verizon to buy me a new iPhone 5 and give her my 4s. I know I can do this but not sure how it would work. would the numbers need to be switched at a Verizon store? Also would I factory restore my iPhone 4s and set it up as a new device like I said above for my wife?

Thanks for the help.

Tim

2. rritterson macrumors 6502