about fake iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by xingshu, Feb 25, 2014.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Why do these posts keep finding themselves in the "iPhone Launch Meetups" sub-forum?

The only problem I can see is that they are sold as new. This is why I don't order anything from China. Unless it from Apple or another known-manufacture and I order from them or a respectable authorized reseller, I stay away from China. I ordered 2 PCI USB 2.0 cards for my PowerMac and they both took 3 months to arrive and both were broken.

2. eina26 macrumors newbie

When I was in Manila, there was this guy who was selling an iPhone 4s worth $200. Tempting but I really wasn't sure if it was real and if it was working. :D

3. BM79 macrumors newbie

This is also why I try to stay away from any business dealings with China. Most of what I've seen of them business-wise has been sketchy, untruthful, technically illegal and sometimes outright scamming.

Ive noticed too that you really have to do your homework when ordering from Amazon. They like to sell there and they never indicate that they are in or shipping from China, and according to some of the reviews the products don't arrive in brand-new condition or don't even arrive at all, and they refuse to refund. I fell for this not too long ago, but thankfully it was only a $2-3 purchase, nothing expensive.