About how long after the release of the iphone 5 will regular stock be available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BXPhoto, Oct 23, 2012.

1. BXPhoto macrumors newbie

So I had to switch from Sprint to ATT due to awful service in my area. I went from an Iphone 4s on the worst 3g carrier in the country to a Temporary Samsung Galaxy S3. I have 60 days from the October 17th to replace/exchange it in for an iPhone 5 or any other phone. After being a darn apple user for so long I quite simply hate using the Samsung Galaxy S3 on a day to day basis. So about how long do you guys think before all the pre-orders have been filled and I can walk into a store and pick up an Iphone 5 from Best Buy? Im so mad at this S3 Im about to just exchange it for another Iphone 4s just to be back on iOS.

Sorry for the rant...

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Shipping dates right now are well to the end of October. So my advice to you if you really want one is to return the gs3 and go on a month to month with your own phone until there's stock. IT's going to be awhile. You could also try the apple reservation system in the meantime.

3. bremersm macrumors newbie

I would put an order in today and you should have the phone in 30 days, or less.

4. BXPhoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem is they took my old sprint phones in their trade in program. Gave me 450.00 credit/gift card for my iPhone 4s and iPhone 4. So basically I either have to exchange for an iPhone of some type and hope I can exchange again with in the next 60 days. Or Deal with my GS3. Best Buy is no longer taking orders of the iPhone 5. Its a day by day check with them and they are near the end of their pre-order fills. At least according to them they are at the end of the their pre-order list.

5. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

What is frustrating to me is that they are releasing the iPad Mini and the new new iPad before they can even fulfill the iPhone 5 orders!

My husband and I need 2 phones and are planning on trading in our old phones to get them. We don't enough to cover the full cost of two phones but after the trade ins there will be more than enough, but to order them you have to pay up front. I'd rather get them from Best Buy anyway because of Reward Zone points and they're giving $15 more per phone, but at this point I'd get them anywhere!

6. BXPhoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup the trade in program, rewardzone points and Reward Zone premium 60 day guarantee sold me. Now I just have to get one.... Im about to just exchange for an iphone 4s again and sit on it for a few weeks and then exchange again. LOL