About how much battery life should I be expecting out of my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ToastMaster, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

So I have a first-gen MBP Core Duo, had the battery replaced once because the first one was defective. iStat is showing that the battery has 144 cycles, and I get about 1:30 tops out of my battery on a full charge. Is this normal or could I get AppleCare to replace my battery?

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Wow thats pretty garbage
    I think I'd get some applecare to do something about it (or at least try)
    I dunno what theyll say though, 144 is still quite a few cycles

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

More than that.

Battery health should be around 80% at 300 cycles, which would give you over 2 hours.

Get a new battery.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

my macbook pro core duo's second battery had a life of 1.5 hours after 40 cycles. it has been replaced and im getting the third battery soon. do i have a lemon? i mean this is the second battery that has gone bad. what do i do if the third starts acting up?

5. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

something could be wrong with your computer and not just the batteries. Get it checked out before apple care runs out for sure. If you get a 3rd battery that is draining, it has to be your computer's power whatever thingy (i am so awesome with terminology) and it clearly isn't reading them right or is messing things up, not sure. Best to tel them the problem and have them look into it Worst comes to worst, they replace your computer with a new one :)

6. koddakid macrumors newbie

Last month I turned my macbook pro in to get the back light replace and the replaced my battery. It only has a 140 cylcles on it but when it is at 50% it only shows 41 mins. Should i take it back to get it replaced.

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

the previous members are talking about the health of the battery not the percentage of charge left. You can check this out for yourself in system profiler, or you can download iStat Pro which will tell you that plus a host of other things!

8. koddakid macrumors newbie

yes i understand that...I have istat pro...i believe my charge is low because when my battery percentage is at 50% i should have more time. In istat pro it says the battery health is 97%, I just believe it should have more life.

9. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well have you tried adjusting your battery settings in energy saver?

Your battery life depends on what you use it for, whether bluetooth/wifi is on, whether your powering a pen drive or hard drive off the USB etc.

For a film you would be lucky to get 2 hours whereas a word document may get 4 hours!

10. elliotwhaleboy macrumors newbie

my battery

on my one week old macbook pro is 97 percent health at 7 cycles, surely thats not right?

any help be great!

am i entitled to mac care moan?