About iphone 5 plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bcasey25raptor, Jul 31, 2012.

1. bcasey25raptor macrumors newbie

bcasey25raptor

Hello mac rumours. I live in newfoundland canada (well i will tomorrow anyways), and i have an iphone 4 i got 1 year ago. It's on a 3 year plan through telus. If i want to get an iphone 5 how difficult would it be to sign up for 1 if i still have 2 years left on my current plan? Can i just swap my phone and pay a little extra to get the iphone 5?

My iphone 4 is in excellent condition and i never take it out of it's otter box case. Do you think i should just keep my iphone 4 or do you think the iphone 5 will be a substantial upgrade?

Thanks for all responses. I appreciate it. :p

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Considered we don't know any fact about the next gen iPhone, the logical decision is to wait and see. Maybe ask this question after the new iPhone launch, because now it doesn't make any sense.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

You'll have to pay full price if you're not eligible for an upgrade. You can always sell your 4 and use that money towards a new 5.

4. bcasey25raptor thread starter macrumors newbie

bcasey25raptor

Thank you, thats what i was asking.

I know i have a friend who just returned his phone after 2 years and saved $200 on the 4s when it came out.

On my plan my phone cost me $160.

I appreciate it

5. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

If it's like the last 2 years, Canadian carriers will only announce their upgrade policy (or lack thereof) on launch day.

There may be a special upgrade price if you renew your 3 year contract but if not you can simply buy the phone unlocked at full price then let your contract end, then you'll be able to sign a new one with the phone after and get the full 500$ subsidy.

Either way it will cost you around the same in the long run.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you only paid $160 for a phone that cost the telco 4-6 times that, guess what the answer is?

You could log onto their site today and see what it would cost you to get a 4S. that might be an indication of your situation.