About people being called "deplorables"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 24, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Yes, the attitudes of racism are disgusting. I somehow doubt anyone is going to disagree.

But even I know the differences and nuances between "Love the sinner, hate the sin". To unite, at least my current definition of it, means to show how and why the deplorable attitude is wrong and to improve.

In a campaign that states we are stronger together, how do we fight racism and turn things around? Is it up to us all as individuals, by leadership from others, or a combination of both? Why or why not?

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'm forced into the Trump camp by Hillary's war mongering and her being part of the status-quo in-group of business as usual in the government. If that makes me a Deplorable, sobeit.

We have a black president who's appointed two black Attorneys General. Black legislators at all levels. Black appointees at high levels in government. Blacks as mayors and city councilmen. Black millionaires in sports as well as in business. I'm thoroughly fed up with the scum who play the race card in order to stir up trouble.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So who has hated more in minorities trump or Hillary? Your not forced you are choosing.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

One is a troll and the other one supported policies that jailed them because they were super predators

5. Eraserhead, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In the U.K. they introduced ASBOs to lock up people who behaved badly in poor estates. Since they did that those estates have become better places to live.

Locking up super predators helps the community not hurts it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2016 ---
    Sadly the police still haven't always learnt.
    I think the people who still hate blacks aren't likely to change their minds at this stage.
    If you're not a racist you aren't a deplorable. And I don't think being deplorable applies to many people here at all. Generally if you're racist you get banned.

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Racism is way down on my own list of priorities. Monetary policy and foreign policy/war rank highest. The first affects my quality of life. The latter has to do with death and devastation--particularly for non-combatants and refugees.

Libya was Hillary's baby from the git-go. And it was totally phony BS:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2016/09/libya-2.html

"We came, we saw, he died." Not what I want to see in a president. And you have to be terminally stupid to call Putin a Hitler. Putin's not the neatest leader in the world, but he's nowhere near being a Hitler. Trouble is, Hillary's jealous. Putin is good at chess, while Hillary's struggling with tic-tac-toe.

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

strange

8. Herdfan macrumors 6502

But according to many on here and the media I am a racist/xenophobe simply because I don't want unchecked immigration or open borders. I am also a Islamaphobe simply because I believe there is a small minority of Muslims that want nothing more than to do us ( and by US, I mean everyone who is not Muslim, or Muslim enough) harm by any means they can.

If those two things make me a Deplorable, then I will wear that badge proudly.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

No, if you care about Americans more than non-Americans that makes you alt-right. :rolleyes:

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don't think either of those make you a deplorable. I don't think the majority of republicans here are racist (or they keep it quiet) otherwise they'd be banned. Maybe 1-2 posters are racist.

11. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Hey I got 2 badges today. :)

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Nope.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2016/09/economist-explains-17
    I'm a deplorable by that standard too.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well he wanted the establishment view ;).
    Alt-right too :rolleyes:.

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

ASBO's aren't in use nowadays.

They weren't really fair, more of a geographical lottery, because they were misused.