about the thinness of the iPhone 5 and a battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aleni, Sep 16, 2012.

?

more battery or more thin?

1. i love the current iPhone 5

77.4%
  2. i wish iPhone 5 has the thickness of the 4S but with 2 hours more of battery life

22.6%
  1. aleni macrumors 68020

you know the iPhone 5's thinness is really awesome and especially the black color, it looks really slick.

before the iPhone 5 released, a lot of people prefer apple to keep the thickness of the iPhone 4S for the iPhone 5 but with more battery life, let's say 2 hours more.

so now the iPhone 5 has been released and we have seen the slick design really matches with the thinness factor.

now let's vote, who prefer the current iPhone 5 or the iPhone 5 with the thickness of iPhone 4S but with 2 hours more of battery life?

2. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Who's to say that it would add two hours of battery life if they kept the thickness? It's only 18% thinner than the 4/4S. That's a very minimal battery upgrade, if any at all. So, no. I'd rather keep the current battery life (that Apple claims is still better than the 4S) and take a thinner designed phone

3. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Thinner design. It looks nicer, and as long as my phone can last a solid day with a charge, I don't care about the batter.

4. terraphantm macrumors 68040

The iPhone 5 battery isn't as thick as the whole phone though - so the extra 1.5mm would certainly be very significant.

Think about it. The iPad 3 is only 0.5mm thicker than the iPad 2, but that small increase allowed the battery to be 70% larger. So Apple certainly could've gotten great battery life had they chose to keep the iPhone 5 the same thickness as the 4/4S (or even if they went half way they would've seen a nice increase in life).

I think I'd take the thicker phone. I find the current battery is unacceptable if I actually use my phone.