About to update to 2.0.1... will i lose music or apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guitrumpet, Aug 10, 2008.

1. guitrumpet macrumors newbie

uh, haha read the title.
    I know when i upgraded from 1.1.5 to 2.0, i lost everything.
    will this happen again if i update?

2. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

If ur jailbroken on 2.0 you will lose jailbroken apps, but your music and apple apps are saved on your comp, so u wont lose them in the upgrade

3. guitrumpet thread starter macrumors newbie

well, some music's not backed on my computer because i got it from other friends computers...
    and the apple apps i downloaded through wifi...
    does that change anything?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, you won't "lose" anything. The update from 1.0.x to 2.0 was a major update, so the process restored your Touch. Updating from 2.0 to 2.0.1 is a minor one, so it doesn't alter any of the media or apps on the Touch.

But just in case something goes wrong, I'd copy all the music off your Touch before you start.

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I didn't lose anything. I didn't do anything (jail break) to my iPod touch either.

6. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I didn't lose anything when I updated to 2.0.1.

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You won't lose any music or videos or whatnot, just be prepared for iTunes to once again back up your iPod before it starts installing the update.

8. danimal99 macrumors regular

My upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.1 did NOT go smoothly. It got an error at some point, which left my Touch in the firmware update state (iTunes + USB cable image on the touch screen) and wouldn't come out of it until I forced a restore. That did work, but then it took 3 restores from a backup before it finally finished the upgrade. After that, I had no music or video, just my apps and data, so I had to put my music back on.

Just make sure you copy any music you want to keep off into your iTunes library on your computer and you should be covered.