About to upgrade my Nexus S 4G to Black 16gb iPhone 5... should I wait it out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by odonoghue30, Oct 16, 2012.

1. odonoghue30 macrumors newbie

Really don't know if I want to upgrade now or wait it out... from everything I'm reading, it seems like the factory sealed phones are still as bad out of the box as they were from day 1. Do I spend my time and money going through iPhone after iPhone or should I wait it out until at least Christmas or the next iPhone release?

I'm asking this because I don't want to deal with absolute ******* quality phones (which shouldn't even happen with a company like Apple) and I could probably save myself a lot of hassle going with a GSIII.

I'm trying to make the conversion to iPhone but I really don't know if this is the time to do it with all these out of the box problems.

Opinions? Wait it out or go for it?

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

yep, the Nexus 4 is dropping this month. Quad core, 1.5 mhz, 2 gigs of ram, 720 lcd screen.... I say wait a few weeks

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If you've waited this long, wait another week or so. There's rumored to be the LG Nexus 4, as well as other manufacturers releasing their own Nexus devices (fingers-crossed on that one).

4. odonoghue30 thread starter macrumors newbie

I kind of want to be done with Android for the time being though thats why I was asking.. I wanted to know how long I should wait before I attempt to make an iPhone purchase

5. iAi macrumors 6502

What problems? *Definitely different on the way I look at all these things or what's happening :p*

It's best to find out for yourself than read all these e-whingers (legit or not).

At worst, if you will be among the small percentage who will get the bad one, you can return it.

iP5 is all worth it!

6. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I would wait another few weeks, wait till they have it available in store.

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

You are waiting because you have read bad things?? When has a single positive thing ever been said on this forum? I have 2 iPhone 5s and they are both perfect.

People here like to complain about nothing.

8. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

That's not true, I said something positive once.......A long time ago....

9. iAi macrumors 6502

THIS.

Mine is perfect as with more than 90% who bought their iP5s.

If I believe all the OCDs / whiners in the web / anything I read in the internet, I am going to be rich but will miss out the real fun, lol.

10. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5 works great! Forums are like TV.Most things you watch are negative, because it draws the most attention. Reality shows about happy families are boring. Same with macrumors and other phone forums, you'll hear more complaints on here than the positive. You get thirty days to try it for free, don't like it? Return it, but I'd highly suggest you try it for yourself first

11. vistadude macrumors 65816

I'd wait until 2 things happen:

1) iPhone can be bought at the carrier store without having to preorder, incase yours is defective and needs an exchange.

2) Windows phone 8 launch at the end of October. There seems to be a lot of new phones coming out plus phones that can do voice and data at the same time. That can't be done with iphone 5 and most US carriers.