Absurdly Glitchy Homescreen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peteyyt, Sep 21, 2012.

1. peteyyt macrumors member

Restart restore didn't help. Any ideas? Apps that I deleted are also randomly appearing and then disappearing on screen, but I can't capture that with screenshot unfortunately.

Attached Files:

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I had slightly same issues. I am syncing but I bet a reboot would fix it.

3. peteyyt thread starter macrumors member

Did a hard reset, then restored the phone. Worked for a while, but then the same issue. Strange, no? Not sure what I should do about it since it seems software based.

4. meganator macrumors member

Could be a problem with your restore file. Try setting it up as new.

5. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

6. peteyyt thread starter macrumors member

I don't think so. You wouldn't be able to tell from a screenshot anyway, but I don't have an eye for subtle color variation like some here do.

7. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

It looks like you got 10+ programs trying to update. Let it alone till it is done or turn off WiFi to stop it. It can only do so much at a time.

8. peteyyt thread starter macrumors member

That's what a restore from iCloud is like. In any case, I let all the programs update the first time before trying to reorganize. Glitch was still there. I'm going to attempt setting it up as new now.

9. upmygreen macrumors newbie

I had a similar thing which happened because I reogranized while everything was downloading. Once everything was complete, I simply turned the phone off then back on and all the issues were corrected without any additional effort.

10. tr43z0r macrumors regular

Similar thing happened to me. I waited until they'd all downloaded, then restarted the phone, and it went back to normal.

11. peteyyt thread starter macrumors member

I restored the phone and started from scratch, did not restore from iCloud but did enter my iTunes information to re-download my apps. I have the same problems as soon as I put apps anywhere past the second homescreen.

Definitely sucks. Will have to head to Apple later.