abyobe elae with sprintt lose of 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Oct 31, 2012.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

last couple days my 3g comes and goes away then stuck with a zero

2. kalexn macrumors 6502

Huh? Is that supposed to be "Anyone Else with Spring loose 3g?"

I have Sprint and unlike some people I am normally very happy with the service. Starting last week I have had lots of static on calls randomly and searching for service, not having 3G etc. I spent forever on the phone with customer service and tech support and actually got hung up on a few times. They even told me to bring it into the store, which I would never do as they bring it in the back and you have no idea what they do.

I had to meet my mom at the Sprint store on Monday as I was adding her to my account. While in there I asked them and she said "Oh that is all because they are updating the towers. Customer care has no idea what they are talking about."

So long story short if they are updating the towers in your area that can definitely be messing with things and do not bring your phone to the Sprint store when they tell you they need to look at it. I had her confirm that with iPhones they actually cannot do anything with them.

3. richmds macrumors regular

Very common occurrence when I was with Sprint, which prompted me to return the phone.

If you call Sprint they will tell you one of the following
    - to backup ,erase, restore.
    - They will re-provision something which requires deactivation / reactivation, wait 24 hours.
    - Nothing wrong with the towers in your area, wait 24 hours.
    - Someone will call you back (they never do)
    - Call Apple or go the Apple store, something is wrong with your phone.

After doing this dance in the end you will still get the 3G or o.

So unless you are in an area with LTE I would suggest returning it within the 14 day window.

I switched to Verizon and it costs me $12.00 more per month with usable LTE.

4. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I went through that we are updating the towers when the 4s was released...I went to the Apple store and the rep said...You need to get an iPhone with another carrier. 3 months later I left Sprint after 14 years....

I pay about 20 dollars more than I did with Sprint and now I know what the iPhone experience is suppose to be like on Verizon. ATT dropped too many calls for me in my area.

I would suggest really looking at your service before your 14 day trial is over. Updating the towers is a long haul...we are talking 6 months to 1 year process timeframes.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Huh? Is that supposed to be "Anyone else with Sprint lose 3g?"