Accessing my Yahoo Mail costs me 1-2% off my battery meter, is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ucla95, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ucla95 macrumors member

Seems like my battery is weak. I have a 32GB 3GS from a couple of months ago. I should have mentioned this is when the phone is reading in a 3G location. tia!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No,

While I wouldn't qualify the iPhone's battery as great, its clearly better then seeing it go down before your eyes.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yes it is. normal to watch it drop 1-2% at a time before your eyes every now and then. Apple made a mistake putting a percentage meter on there since they are not that accurate. 1-2% is really not that much and well with in the norm of the inaccuracy of the meters used on phones. could be the phone had to spin up to download your emails and that is going to drain some juice...

R

4. Hrdluck13 macrumors member

I am having the same issues. It seems like between Yahoo and Facebook I will drain 70% of my battery within a few hours. I have a brand new 3GS.. What can be done to stop this from happening?

5. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Are your battery meters calibrated? That might help you all out.

6. Hrdluck13 macrumors member

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

By letting the battery drain until it shuts off and then recharging to 100%.

Anyway, there is way too much info that is missing to really determine how well your battery is working. You haven't mentioned what you have on. You haven't mentioned signal quality. You might need to restore as new. You might want to reset all settings.

8. ucla95 thread starter macrumors member