Accident/Loss/Theft Insurance?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by soccerfan, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. soccerfan macrumors member

    Aug 14, 2002
    What's a good route to go to handle insurance against accidents, loss, or theft of a powerbook? Is it very expensive?
  2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

    Chip NoVaMac

    Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Theft insurance can be had through your homeowners or renters insurance.
  3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus


    Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    I have insurance for my iBook... it's like... $2.50 a month... got it from the same place I get my car insurance and renter's insurance.
  4. numark macrumors member

    Jul 24, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I've heard quite a bit about a company called Safeware ( ) that does standalone insurance protection for laptops (and desktops, PDAs, etc.) My quotes ran around $60 for the laptop coverage, $40 for the desktop (I'm planning on getting a new G5 soon and was pricing for both that and my iBook). I've heard from a number of people that it wasn't all that troublesome, so might be a good thing to check out if you'd be interested in that route as well.

Share This Page