iPhone Accidentally deleted 20 photos/videos by mistake that were just taken. How can i get

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jason B, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Jason B macrumors regular

Accidentally deleted 20 photos/videos by mistake that were just taken. How can i get back from the phoen itself? no backup and these pics/videos were just taken a few hours ago. Please help. Iphone 5, jailbroken on 6.1.2

I'm looking for an easy way to do this. I saw one tutorial, but had so many steps and confused me.

2. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

Accidentally deleted 20 photos/videos by mistake that were just taken. How can i get

Accidentally deleted 20 photos/videos by mistake that were just taken. How can i get back from the phoen itself? no backup and these pics/videos were just taken a few hours ago. Please help. Iphone 5, jailbroken on 6.1.2

I'm looking for an easy way to do this. I saw one tutorial, but had so many steps and confused me.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Did you have Photo Stream [via iCloud] working? If so, photos (video not likely) will be there.

4. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Jailbroken or not, if you don't have a backup solution like Photo Stream, then there is no chance of getting them back.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Don't think it's possible.

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

8. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

No, the NSA has them. Maybe if you asked them nicely...

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

10. navigates macrumors 6502a

Lets try to help the OP out.

Here are few things that may help. Having been through a similar situation with my critical notes that were deleted from another device by mistake.

1. What OS are you on.? If on ios7 it may not work but still proceed with next steps.
    2. Did you backup your phone after the photo's were taken on the PC.
    3. If so then download and install iBackupBot. Its free and you can see the backup's and try to extract the pictures inside it.

Chances a slim but its worth a try. it worked for me for notes. I had an old backup from my ipad that had my old notes.

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

The OP specifically said he didn't make any backups

12. RahulRulz macrumors member

RahulRulz

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Great, only does not work on photo's which the OP needs.....

"We also found (during the testing period) that photo recovery was a little buggy. When we tried to recover deleted photos, it only displays the existing photos in our iPhone and not the ones that we have deleted (do let us know if this happens when you tried it as well)."

14. RahulRulz macrumors member

RahulRulz

15. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Like I said, once deleted, its deleted. No way of getting them back. If you are looking for a file recovery software, and you kept using your phone there are even less chances (next to none) to get them back. There is only one NAND flash that is actively used. By now, your phone has deleted them for good.

17. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

If you were on ios7 you might had a chance via the glitch described under the ios7 subforum "creepy glitch" it might still work for ios6 give it a try

18. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Even then, that glitch only brings back the thumbnails. Once you tap on the picture it loads a blank image.

19. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'm just preparing for the next time this might happen. Would the software vs the photorec do the same thing? Would one find more than the other if there are hidden items that haven't been erased?

20. ruthoni macrumors newbie

How can I recover deleted pictures? is there a recycle bin with iphone 4?

21. yukhalilsel, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014

yukhalilsel macrumors member

Accidentally deleted 20 photos/videos by mistake that were just taken. How ca...

To avoid picture loss in the future, I recommend using apps like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google+ or Flickr. I myself have photostream, Dropbox and OneDrive enabled and I make sure it's back upped on those services after taking a bunch of pictures, especially if they are important for me.

Disclaimer: above is not to point you at your failure, but just a kind advice to avoid problems in the near future.