Accidentally left Jaybird Bluebuds at bottom of pond for 42 hours, still work perfectly

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shftoptk, Feb 29, 2016.

1. shftoptk macrumors member

shftoptk

As the title says, my BlueBuds survived being under about 12 feet of water for almost two days. And no this was not an experiment, at some time while I was in my friend's boat, the headphones must of fallen off into the water.
    I spent all of sunday looking for them and came to the conclusion that they might have fallen into the water. At first I was just going to leave them there, because how could they survive that long in that deep of water? I finally decided to run my line back and forth in the pond and after a couple of hours I pulled the bluebuds up. I turned them on, and heard "Headphones connected" voice. It played music perfectly and all the buttons work fine. It seems to be charging fine too. I haven't listened to any music on it yet, but based on the "headphones connected" and "power off voice" the speakers sound the same and are in good condition.

So if you need some water resistant headphones, I may know of a pair that work well.

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502

That's impressive, I've been looking to buy some Bluetooth earbuds, might get these.

3. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

They are awesome earphones. Excellent sound quality. Glad to hear they can survive that much water. I do know some posters on HeadFi shower in them daily and have no issues.

4. AlphaGuitarist macrumors regular

I have a pair of BlueBuds X and swear by them. The sound quality is definitely great, especially for wireless earbuds, and they have no problem withstanding rigorous workout sessions.