Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Scenario: I sync my iPhone to my home macbook pro and always have. I also have a work computer, but I've only ever plugged into that to charge up. When the window comes up on that computer (a windows machine) saying that it cannot connect via itunes unless I put my PIN in on the phone, I simply *don't* do that, and all is well. It charges, and my work machine gets zero access to the innerds of the phone. Good!

But: today when I plugged in I also happened to unlock the phone's screen for a sec so I could start an app. My work computer grabbed "authority" to see the phone and now is capable of browsing my photos and seeing what I have installed via iTunes.

Here's where my scenario is different from others I've seen - thankfully, it did not actually SYNC, so my phone still syncs normally with the Mac. I verified. And I have since selected the "don't automatically sync" on the Windows machine. But that work laptop still can browse my phone despite my having changed my PIN afterwards.

Is there any way to make my work computer LOSE the ability to browse this phone? I can't see how.

tiptopp

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Norwich, UK
iTunes isn't necessary to charge the phone. I'm curious, what is the concern now that iTunes has access to the phone?

+1

Don't see the problem - it doesn't mean it syncs anything, and no-one's going to be able to see what's on it via iTunes when it's not plugged in. No issue, as far as I can see.

Tiptopp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.