Accidently moved all my music from itunes to trash, how to restore?

mpc91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
UK
hi there

I accidentally choose the option to delete media folder like an idiot when i emptied my iTunes library.

is there a way to restore my items back to the original folder as they were before?

as i know i can copy and paste however all the names are messed up and they are out of their folders

thank you

ncrypt

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
UK
Try entering Time Machine and restoring the folder from there (even if you don't have a backup disk configured since TM also makes local copies)

Reactions: mpc91

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Cmd(command) A, two finger click over the highland files. Choose 3rd option down - Put back.

mpc91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
UK
Is it still in the trash?
OPen the trash, right click the item(s) and select "Put Back"
put back inst an option i think its because they were deleted by iTunes?
[doublepost=1549468460][/doublepost]
Cmd(command) A, two finger click over the highland files. Choose 3rd option down - Put back.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
[doublepost=1549468460][/doublepost]
Ah in that case. Try Cmd A all of them and then drag them into the open iTunes program? Hold them there till it shows they’ll go in. Should be a second or two hold.

Or if that doesn’t work find your iTunes program folder in finder and drag them to there and then go into iTunes and scan for/add new music. Saying that can’t you add new music from iTunes and select the bin?

...but I’m surprised you don’t have a put back option.
Maybe someone else can help further.
[doublepost=1549478949][/doublepost]Or could you do an undo last action from iTunes itself? In the main taskbar menu, edit, undo.