Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IG88

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2016
The Free Software Foundation and similar organizations would disagree with this statement, as would I.
That's true....there is a lot of great software that I use that is free / voluntary pay. I try to make a point of donating.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
mobile.weather.gov then save the bookmark to your homescreen. Boom. Information straight from the source (National Weather Service) and it 'appears' like a regular app. Honestly surprised how good their mobile page looks.

pilotgi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
There is no such thing - the National Weather Service does NOT have an app.
[doublepost=1503438483][/doublepost]
I have no idea why you are saying there is no such app. The Google Play Store shows both the NWS logo and the NOAA logo on this app. One can also go to mobile.weather.gov in a mobile browser and directly access the NWS.

The Weather Channel is part of a for profit corp that sensationalizes weather in order to increase ratings. I don't believe for a second the stats that someone posted earlier that show the weather channel as having the most accurate weather. They get most of their info from the NWS anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.