Ack! I'm so stupid! I accidentally paid for ML on a brand new 2 day old MBP!

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Synergie, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I already sent an email to app store CS. I included the serial # for the new MBP and also my Apple ID. What are the chances they will reimburse the purchase price to my Apple ID? I don't care if I get a full refund on my credit card... I'd be happy with just a credit on my Apple ID account. But will they reimburse me when it was my stupid mistake paying for it through the App Store ??

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I don't see why not. It's a simple mistake, plus you have proof of your new purchase. If not, call the CS line to see what they can do. :)

3. aircanman macrumors 6502

TBH it looks like it was a better idea to buy rather than wait for the update codes. Apple will most likely refund you and thats the end of it, you will still be able to use ML.

4. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Resolved! That was quick! They refunded to my credit card... however they made know that sales are supposed to be 'final' lol

5. macjolt macrumors member

What's the email address you used to contact them?

6. Jeff Chen macrumors member

Jeff Chen

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Use Contact Apple Support, then select Apps & Software, Mac apps, then Mac App Store. Select a given topic and continue through until it lists the Email support option. The provide your contact info and send it off and wait for a response.

8. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

I called Apple yesterday, told them about how I've been waiting a significant amount of time (and still am...) to receive my code for a free download of ML. I asked if I downloaded ML by paying for it and get credited after - and was told yes. So it definitely seems to work out for me. Writing e-mail now.