ACORN Shuts Down Operations

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
First Link I Found

In a organizational statement released today, ACORN said:
The ACORN Association Board met on Sunday March 21 and approved a set of steps to responsibly manage the process of bringing its operations to a close over the coming months. These include:

Closing ACORN's remaining state affiliates and field offices by April 1st; and
Developing a plan to resolve all outstanding debts, obligations and other issues.
ACORN's members have a great deal to be proud of--from promoting to homeownership to helping rebuild New Orleans, from raising wages to winning safer streets, from training community leaders to promoting voter participation --- ACORN members have worked hard to create stronger communities, a more inclusive democracy, and a more just nation.
So a upstanding organization that had been challenged legally by the "right" is now done.

Thanks alot.

Paranoid fears about their "real" intentions brought down a organization that brought relief and services to thousands of people.

I expect this thread to devolve into ITN, Full of Win, and Zombie Acorn saying "Good Riddance. They falsified voting registrations etc etc" and we'll be disproving everything they say etc etc but I thought I should post it.

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
"...manage the process of bringing its operations to a close over the coming months..."
Quite fitting they were done in by a fake pimp and prostitute! :D

I'd say "Good Riddance" but I am sure this corrupt outfit will reappear in 2010 and 2012 under some other name as a Democrat balloting entity...

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
So a upstanding organization that had been challenged legally by the "right" is now done.

Thanks alot.
The political arm of ACORN was far from "upstanding". And I'm curious to how it's affected you personally with your sarcastic "thanks alot."

Paranoid fears about their "real" intentions brought down a organization that brought relief and services to thousands of people.
The housing arm of ACORN will remain in operation. link

I expect this thread to devolve into ITN, Full of Win, and Zombie Acorn saying "Good Riddance. They falsified voting registrations etc etc" and we'll be disproving everything they say etc etc but I thought I should post it.
Go ahead and try to disprove ACORN's voter registration fraud.

Mickey Mouse's Voter Registration.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Where will pimps and 'ho's go to get help financing their brothels and houses of child prostitution now? Sad day...
This is good news. Accountability does still exist. :eek:
Upstanding organization? Yeah, sure they are.

You are welcome. Glad to see it happen.
Go ahead and try to disprove ACORN's voter registration fraud.
Careful... you guys are close to being put on "the list" with ITN, Full of Win, and Zombie Acorn

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Careful... you guys are close to being put on "the list" with ITN, Full of Win, and Zombie Acorn
That is ok, I like living on the edge! ;)

From obeygiant's link...

NewYorkTimes.com said:
Under Nevada law, it is illegal to attach incentives to such work, in part because it encourages canvassers to submit fraudulent forms, Secretary of State Ross Miller said.

Acorn submitted 91,002 completed forms in Clark County, which includes Las Vegas, of which 23,186 turned out to be valid new voters who voted in November, according to data provided by Mr. Miller’s office.

Mr. Miller investigated Acorn at the behest of the Clark County registrar of voters, Larry Lomax, who noted a high number of forms turned in featuring the names of famous football players and cartoon characters.
So, only 25% of the completed forms in Clark County were valid new voters. Seems like it is more than just a few lowly workers running this scam.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Possibly, but probably not millions . . .
He received millions from naive and gullible followers, but not the government as far as I know

Not sure how JS would be relevant to the discussion though, other than to dredge up a wayward religious and say "yeah... but what about this..."

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Liberals love to 'excuse' bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.
I'm not excusing anything. I was answering your question. With sort of a jokey answer, but you're out to get lefty tonight. :p

MacDawg . . . we (the government) pay for "religious" organizations in various ways.

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
Personally, as someone who had nothing invested in ACORN...if they couldn't keep their house clean, they should shut down. Frankly, any organization that could be brought down by bottom-feeders like Andrew Breitbart and his latter-day plumbers deserves to crash and burn.

As for the right-wingers, let 'em have their minor victory. Wouldn't matter, even if the health-care reform didn't pass...:D

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Liberals love to 'excuse' bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.
So do conservatives.

SCULLY: A lot of angry comments aimed at a couple of your colleagues, including Barney Frank and Congressman John Lewis, using the “n” word as some of the protesters jeered at him as he walked through the halls of the Capitol.

NUNES: Yeah, well I think that when you use totalitarian tactics, people, you know, begin to act crazy

complete transcript in video

stevegmu

macrumors regular
Personally, as someone who had nothing invested in ACORN...if they couldn't keep their house clean, they should shut down. Frankly, any organization that could be brought down by bottom-feeders like Andrew Breitbart and his latter-day plumbers deserves to crash and burn.

As for the right-wingers, let 'em have their minor victory. Wouldn't matter, even if the health-care reform didn't pass...:D
Do only 'right-wingers' pay taxes, or care about voter fraud and embezzlement? They are as crooked as a Chicago politician. Every honest American should be happy they have shut down.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Do only 'right-wingers' pay taxes, or care about voter fraud and embezzlement? They are as crooked as a Chicago politician. Every honest American should be happy they have shut down.
I do agree that with all of the indefensible transgressions, everyone is better off that they close down. They did nothing but draw negative attention and any core beliefs were lost in instances of fraud. I say let another organization form that will hopefully continue the good work without the negative behavior.