ACORN workers cleared in NYC prostitute video

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
NEW YORK — A New York prosecutor's office says it has found no criminal wrongdoing on the part of three ACORN employees caught on video advising a couple posing as a prostitute and her boyfriend.
The Brooklyn district attorney's office said Monday that its five-month inquiry is over and that no criminal activity was found.

The videos were made by conservative activists Hannah Giles and James O'Keefe, who used a hidden camera on visits to offices of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

Since then, O'Keefe has been arrested after visiting Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in New Orleans. He denies trying to tamper with the Democrat's phones.

The Brooklyn video caught ACORN workers apparently advising the pair to bolster their housing application by lying about Giles' "profession" and laundering her earnings.
Link

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
My favorite quote from a "law enforcement source":
"They edited the tape to meet their agenda," a law enforcement source told the New York Daily News
Duh. Why do you think they won't release the unedited video to the public?

Agreed. Remember, according to criminal law OJ is innocent of murder.
Typical... Let the rationalization begin! No matter what the facts are, ACORN will always be guilty to you.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I guess they edited out the part where the ACORN employee said "prostitution is illegal and I can't advise you on it.", and "You shouldn't lie to the government."

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
I guess they edited out the part where the ACORN employee said "prostitution is illegal and I can't advise you on it.", and "You shouldn't lie to the government."
Bitter, party of one.

They must also have edited out the part where ACORN called the cops to report this.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
You really believe that ACORN's ass is completely clean?
On this particular issue, yes, they called the cops for christs sake!

It's not our fault you have this grudge against an organization and must buy into Faux brand journalism to feel right.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So you.. don't think ACORN is an upstanding and well run organization?
Anyone that can think ANY organization can exist in the world for any significant amount of time with no bad seeds, bad apples, or occasional bad policies is to ignore human nature entirely.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone that can think ANY organization can exist in the world for any significant amount of time with no bad seeds, bad apples, or occasional bad policies is to ignore human nature entirely.
Its a corporate culture at ACORN, one event, okay, quite a few in a short time period.. no.

After they were solicited for a crime. Why?
They are a corrupt organization.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
So you.. don't think ACORN is an upstanding and well run organization?
Was that the allegation against ACORN? That they weren't upstanding or well-run? Because I could have swore it had something to do with fraud and prostitution.

Don't hurt your groin with all that reaching...