Act III: Trump Starts His Anti-Impeachment Storyline

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 23, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

He doesn't know how someone could be impeached if they are doing a great job? Total conflation. Also - we see the fear mongering he will use...

The upside is - he's starting to see the reality of his impeachment enough that he's started to try and counter it. Not that his arguments hold any water. They never do.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20...stock-market-would-crash-if-he-were-impeached

"You know, I guess it says something like 'high crimes' and all ... I don't know how you can impeach somebody who's done a great job," Trump said in the interview, which was recorded Wednesday.

"I'll tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash," he said. "I think everybody would be very poor because without this thinking, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe."

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Omigod. That’s even funnier than what Sanders said yesterday. :p

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Third act? :eek: I missed a chance to play the theme music...

Note: clean version used for those of you who know the full clip

4. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

The American people fell for this argument before. GW Bush’s re-election pitch was: don’t change horses midstream. Since the country was at war (is it over? did you win?) it would be suicide to pick a different leader. Of course that argument supports the assertion that you should pretty much never change the commander-in-chief. You know, like in Russia.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

More humor:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/politics/trump-flipping-outlawed/index.html

And he sharply decried those who testify against former confidants to ease legal troubles, bemoaning the longstanding practice.

"It's called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal," Trump said in the interview, adding he's witnessed similar scenarios over his decades in public life. "I know all about flipping, 30, 40 years I have been watching flippers. Everything is wonderful and then they get 10 years in jail and they flip on whoever the next highest one is or as high as you can go."

"If you can say something bad about Donald Trump and you will go down to two years or three years, which is the deal he made, in all fairness to him, most people are going to do that," Trump said of Cohen, who he described as only a "part-time" lawyer. "And I have seen it many times. I have had many friends involved in this stuff. It's called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal."

6. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Can we hurry up and get to the part where in a panic he says "It should be illegal to come after people like me."

7. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I don’t get the logic in Trump constantly talking about impeachment now. Though if the Democrats play it right they say nothing about it. Let Trump be the one obsessing over impeachment.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

From 538.com:

Republicans Are Talking About Impeachment Way More Than Democrats

Among other things, they looked at the web sites of 811 Democratic candidates for Congress and governorships and found only one that even mentions impeachment (and that was for a candidate who lost his primary).

9. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

... and as expected, his pigeon brained minions DO NOT care ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45274175

The question they should be asked is - what has he done specifically to make your life exponentially better?

Let them answer that question.

10. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

Ok the market would crash then you get President Pence think about that

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Do you really believe the market would crash if he was impeached. Note I am just saying impeached, not removed from office.

12. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Anything is better than the twit we currently have

13. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

yes, do you really think Trump would stand around and let them impeach him? NO

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sorry - LET them impeach him? How can he control that exactly? LOL

15. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Gee, I haven't had any friends involved in "this stuff." The friends we keep say a lot about us.

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You and Trump have it backwards. Trump resigning and Pence taking over would probably have a net beneficial impact on the economy. Many big corporations and the markets would love to get rid of the turmoil and uncertainty that Trump brings. Pence is also less likely to pursue Trump's damaging trade policy.

17. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

do I have to spell it out? he would resign before that happens

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You think Trump would resign before he was impeached. But I thought he did nothing wrong? Why would he resign BEFORE he was impeached. I don't see him leaving even after unless forcibly removed. What you're describing is completely out of character.

19. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

His supporters believe Trump holds up the market like Atlas holds up the world.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2018 ---
    Fake news guy, fake news. Trump himself says he's a fighter. You can't contradict him it's impossible.

21. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

22. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Bring it. Pence could phone up Obma and GWBush for some assistance on how to get the recovery started while Pence fixes things up with all the countries Trump launched trade wars with.

Sure Pence is a social conservative. All that damage has taken place already on Trump's watch thanks to McConnell stuffing the federal judiciary with young ideologues from the right, so the bugaboo of Pence as theocrat is gone already.

Sorry, Trump: time's up. It's your party going to hang ya out to dry.

23. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

I think all this impeachment is a nothing burger and you will go NUTs again

24. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

It's up to the GOP to impeach him if they think it's necessary. He's their boy.

25. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

It didn't take much news to rile up the Trumpers lol. Trump hangs around so many felonious people.

Rational people already know there will not be an impeachment no matter what Trump does. The Cons in the Senate are currently spineless. The only thing keeping the Cons in the Senate erect is Trump's hand up their rear.