Action Required for your Apple Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shibbs84, Sep 14, 2012.

1. shibbs84 macrumors newbie

Hi all - like many of you I stayed up late last night to pre-order my iPhone 5. I was able to order through the Apple Store app.

I woke up to an email this morning stating:

We have been unable to obtain payment for your order.

We will continue to attempt to obtain authorization for your order for
    one week.

If we do not receive a response from you within one week from the date
    of this email, your order will be cancelled.

I was able to clear this up with my credit card company, however I have yet to receive any sort of confirmation from Apple that the issue has been resolved.

I also tried to run the credit card transaction again on the My Order page in the Apple Store, but am still getting the "Authorization Failed" message.

Has this happened to anyone else yet? I am thinking I need to give this some time to work itself out. Or, would this delay result in me losing my place in "line" to receive my phone by 9/21?

2. lordkev macrumors newbie

How did you retry the authorization?

If I go to the order list, I have the following in red above the order: "Action required: We are unable to obtain an authorization for the credit card you provided. Please contact your card issuing bank."

However, every time I click on "Edit" next to the billing details I just get this message: "We are unable to edit your payment details. To make changes to your default payment method or billing address, visit Your Account section."

Can you tell me the exact path you used?

3. shibbs84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Next to the red text there should be a button that says "Update Now". Once you click that it gives you the option to re-authorize the card or to enter in a different credit card.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I had the same problem, had to resubmit the payment again. They just had too many orders at once last night :D

5. lordkev macrumors newbie

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Your credit card flag your purchase to prevent fraud.

7. shibbs84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that's exactly what happened. I called the CC company to authorize the charge, so that's why I'm confused.

I've tried to re-authorize the credit card a few times today online and continue to get that error message!

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Next time you're about to make a big purchase call your CC company first and let them know. I did that when I got lasik and paid using a debit card since I had the cash.

9. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I would call your credit card company. If you don't make big purchases often or even if you don't buy from Apple a lot on your card, they can flag it as fraud. It happened to my aunt when she went to buy her first computer (a mac) at an Apple store. They kept declining her card until she called them and verified she was the one making the purchase.

10. lordkev macrumors newbie

Hmm, it's just my debit card and I haven't gotten any notifications. But if that is the case, the bigger problem is that I don't seem to have the link others are speaking of that allows you to retry or update the payment info.

Am I just blind??

11. shibbs84 thread starter macrumors newbie

It should be right next to the red error message. Sorry, not sure why you do not have that option...

Just to close the loop on my issue, I called my CC company again and kept them on the line while I tried to troubleshoot on the Apple Store site. They were able to do something that allowed the transaction to go through. Yay!