Activate iPhone out of the blue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrangeSVTguy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Well I don't know what happened but I got the activate iPhone promt on my iPhone 5 out of the blue. I didn't do anything and have had it all year.

Now my phone is locked out until I activate on iTunes. I try to sign in with my Apple ID and it doesn't work. :confused: I'm using iOS7 beta 4.

Saying the activation server is unavailable?

Attached Files:

2. CarsonJones macrumors member

it just happened to my sons phone and im having trouble activating it now....it wont let me activate on itunes, and also says activation servers unavailable.....not sure whats going on.

3. OrangeSVTguy, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I just got home to plug into iTunes. It says the iOS expired or something. I haven't updated in a few weeks as I'm still on the beta 4. Maybe that version expired?

added pic

Attached Files:

4. CarsonJones macrumors member

That may be it, im not to sure he has updated either and its likely he is still on beta 4...he has a passcode on his phone and its not letting us connect to iTunes for some reason.

5. mister belly macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and it was really frustrating me! I tried restoring my phone through itunes but it wouldn't let me because Find My Iphone app was on and I had to turn it off. But I couldn't because I have to activate my phone first before going to the app.

6. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Boy this is going to be a bugger. Can't restore since I have "Find my iPhone" activated. Can't access my phone since it needs to activate.

Way to go Apple. :(

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Wouldn't exactly say its apple's fault as iOS 7 isn't out to the public yet. I think you can't activate the phone because the apple ID isn't linked to a developer's account

All betas have an expiration date, if you didn't know

I'm not sure if apple would help you because the device has iOS 7 beta on it. But that depends on the person who helps you

8. CarsonJones macrumors member

We had find my phone activated, ended up having to go into dfu drop down to 6.1.4 then install ios 7. The kid didn't make any backups so he lost it all.

9. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I was using my developers account and it's linked to my phone.

Anyways, I was able to download the beta 6 from Apple and option click to get the update to install. Itunes failed to verify with the phone. I just unplugged and plugged it back in, then had to reactivate the phone. Guess it's working now.

----------

Sorry Carson :(. I fortunately didn't loose anything this time. I believe when I went from 3 > 4, I lost about 2 days worth since my phone never synced with iTunes prior to update which failed miserably so I had to restore back to 6, update back to beta 7, update to beta 4 and then restore my most recent backup. Main reason why I haven't updated and most likely guess beta 4 expired.