Activate used iPhone 4 with no sim?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by B.A.T, Apr 5, 2012.

1. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

I just bought a used iPhone 4. I want to use it as a wifi phone using GV and talkatone and also as an iPod. Is there a way to activate the phone for internet use and music playing without a sim card? If not, will any AT&T go phone work for the sim card?

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

I'm not sure if there is a way to activate without a sim, but any GoPhone sim will work. It does not need to be active.

3. B.A.T thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant activate it with no sim.
    You can use any AT&T microsim.
    Even prepaid, old deactivated sims will also do it.

5. AppleFan115 macrumors regular

I got an unlocked iPhone 4s that I was going to use prepaid on tmobile. I tried to get to their store to get a sim, and they weren't open, so I just took out my iPad sim card and put it into the iPhone and when it finished registering, I simply put the sim back in my iPad and I was able to use my iPhone over the weekend, without calling of course, but still accessing everything else till I got the actual sim card.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Used sims sell on eBay for about $2.00. That's the direction I would go, personally.

7. B.A.T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I bought a new sim from AT&T for $6 and if I ever feel the need will add minutes to it. Thanks for the help everyone.