Activating, changing unlimited data on AT&T???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

When my gf gets her iPhone 5 how will she go about switching the unlimited plan to the LTE capable unlimited plan? Does she call AT&T or does this all happen automatically?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Log on to your ATT acct and check our CSS. It will list the details of your plan & you should see "Unlimited LTE for iPhone."

4. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Was it a pre-order or retail purchase?

It should be an automatic conversion to the new LTE plan named: Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE

If it was a pre-order, you want to verify the order confirmation shows the data plan was not changed during the pre-order mess. Retail should be easier but again you want to double check at point of purchase and when you activate that no changes are made to the data plan selection.

Dave

5. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I want to know. Right now it says "Data Unlimited for iPhone 4S" so once we get the new nano sim activated that plan will show up, and then I switch it myself?

----------

She ordered through Apple.com and it says Unlimited Data $30/mo. That's all it says.

6. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

That's good as long as it says Unlimited Data now and once you activate, login into OLAM ( AT&T online account management ) and verify that you see the new Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE listed.

It is not a world ender if it is not the LTE plan but if you don't have the LTE plan then you will not get the 5GB about before possible throttling hits vs 3GB on the 4S or earlier plans.

Dave

7. SAMtheGAM, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

I don't see the Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE listed. It shows no data plan and when I go to add a data plan it just offers me unlimited data for non smart phones

After I called AT&T to confirm my data plan the rep said I have Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE

In the My AT&T APP it says used 0 MB of unlimited. This feature was added on 9.21.12 and may be prorated

8. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

I think you left out some details from your original post!

When you login to your account you will only see features that are valid for the device currently active on line of service. So it sounds like your GF is not currently using a iPhone or any Smartphone on her line. Is that true?

Has she pre-order an iPhone 5 or is this a future purchase?

iPhone data plans are only valid for iPhones. So if you don't have an iPhone active then you will not see any iPhone plan features.

We really need a few more details to help you. :eek:

Dave