Activating new iphone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cicatrix, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I have been with T-Mobile up until recently when my family and I switched to AT&T. I am still using my old T-Mobile Blackberry through AT&T service until my new iphone 4s arrives. (It was jail breaked by a kind sir at AT&T)
    When my new iphone comes in at the AT&T store can I set up the new phone myself, or will I have to have them do it for me? I really want to be able to do it myself because when we went in to initially switch plans the guy was really rough with my family's iphone 3gs's setting them up. I don't want some guy opening my brand new phone up, and tossing it around not giving a care, and spinning it around on the counter and crap. Can anybody give me a link, or a basic idea of how to do this myself please. I know, I'm weird.:rolleyes:

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No, the only way you'll be able to "handle" it yourself is if you order online.

3. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

Why is this?

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Because it's delivered to your home. Just tell the person to be careful with your phone

5. wellok macrumors 6502

It comes with plastic on both the front and back of the phone. Just don't let him remove it.

6. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

7. trek360 macrumors 6502

AT&T gave me the option to walk out with the phones unopened to activate on my own. You shouldn't have a problem doing that.

My receipt said though that the phone would be self activated in 7 days if not already done. So I don't think you can leave it laying around forever.