Activation Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raf66, Sep 21, 2012.

1. raf66 macrumors regular

The iPhone 5 was delivered by FedEx to my home about 12:25 est, and the FedEx driver allowed my post-it-note signature to suffice so I didn't have to be home for him to deliver it. I got home about 7 minutes or so after he dropped it off so thankfully no thieves had a chance to make off with it. :)

Here's my issue: I have Verizon and when I ordered my phone, I did so using my son's upgrade. VZW told me that all I needed to do is activate it on my number when it came in. However, when I got the phone and called VZW to activate it using the correct # (mine), they told me that Apple is not allowing people to switch sim card activation #s for 24 hours. Sooooo, I'm stuck with an iPhone that can't make calls, send texts or emails, or use the VZW network at all until tomorrow morning. But I can play with all the other bells and whistles in the meantime. It's like having a new sports car but only being able to wash it and listen to music on the stereo while not being able to drive it.

Is anyone else in that same boat? Am I being told incorrect info?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I switch - used upgrade from my mom's family plan to my business account. I did it in the ATT retail store. FYI