Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gymnast46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
In late July a pickpocket got my new iPhone X in the Paris Metro. I remotely erased everything from the phone. I was literally $1000 out of pocket. When I got back to the states, I bought another iPhone x.

I just got an email from Find My iPhone saying "Activation Lock is requesting your password on (my) iPhone X".

Why am I getting this message? Are thieves still trying to activate the stolen phone? Is there anything i should do at this point?

Thanks for any guidance you might provide.

Attachments

• activation lock edited.jpg
    activation lock edited.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,288

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
That’s what it looks like. Did you contact your carrier and report it stolen. It should be blacklisted and not be able to do anything but only good for parts. I would contact the carrier again and make sure if you did report it.

gymnast46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
That’s what it looks like. Did you contact your carrier and report it stolen. It should be blacklisted and not be able to do anything but only good for parts. I would contact the carrier again and make sure if you did report it.
Yes, I immediately contacted AT&T and they deactivated the phone and froze the number. I assumed the phone had been stripped a month ago but then I got this message. Disturbing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.