Activation question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Baggio, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Baggio macrumors 6502

I currently waiting on my iPhone 5 order. Stuck in the perpetual 3-4 week shipping availability.

I am on AT&T. I have a 4S that was not due for upgrade pricing, so I used my 3G iPad account to get the upgraded price. The question I have is when I get the phone, do I have to activate to the iPad account phone number or can I activate it with my phone number associated with my 4S? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just call up AT&T before you even turn on the iphone 5 and tell them you got the phone and want to activate it with the particular phone number.
    You will have to give them the iphone 5 imei number and the ICCID number on the bottom of the box to activate it using your current iphone 4S phone number with that new nano sim card that's inside the i5.

3. Baggio thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, cool. I wanted to check, just in case because I thought since the upgrade was on my iPad line, that I would have activate it with the iPad line and then get another SIM card for the old 4S number.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.
    That's what I thought too but with a 5 minute phone call to AT&T I avoided the whole running around to an at&t store and wasting time, gas and chasing a new nanosim:D