Active shooting in Las Vegas

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
People of all ages including youngsters enjoying a live music concert.
I read there was an automatic gun envolved, there maybe large loss of life.
Absolutely appalling.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
I'm afraid this has the same M.O as that terrorist that attacked people leaving the concert a few months ago in Europe was it?

The Ariana Grande concert.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Current reports 24 shot 2 dead. Maybe multiple shooters.

With the amount of shots, those numbers are going to go up. Some on reddit are reporting as many as 20 dead that their hearing from police scanners.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Reading through some reports on various sites. Reporting seems to be bungled. If it's ISIS related, I'm really curious why they'd wait for a concert. Vegas is always swarming with people. Something doesn't add up here.
[doublepost=1506927643][/doublepost]
With the amount of shots, those numbers are going to go up. Some on reddit are reporting as many as 20 dead that their hearing from police scanners.
I'd wait until the news presents accurate figures. Hardly anything on that site is worth reading.

Reactions: ronntaylor

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Reading through some reports on various sites. Reporting seems to be bungled. If it's ISIS related, I'm really curious why they'd wait for a concert. Vegas is always swarming with people. Something doesn't add up here.
Would highly doubt ISIS. This is most likely a lunatic with an assault rifle.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Would highly doubt ISIS. This is most likely a lunatic with an assault rifle.
Probably. I'm not even going to pass judgement on it being a country concert. Could be cartel related. Even if it were some Muslim extremist, Vegas is always swarming with people. Was there one winter, snow on the ground (not much) and the streets were packed with people. Most of them in shirts. Alcohol's reaction in the body tends to make people feel as if they're hotter (in temperature) than they really are. Christmas is booming for Vegas, too.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Yes, it appears that LVPD and SWAT have deployed strike teams. Additionally, armed hotel security have been given a shoot to kill order by police.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Sounds like the shooter was shooting from his hotel room down towards the concert area.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
The dead suspect, according to the net, is a white male with obviously bleached hair. Gaunt face like the Aurora shooter.
[doublepost=1506928573][/doublepost]
Sounds like the shooter was shooting from his hotel room down towards the concert area.
Had to have broken a window. I'm not aware of any hotels that offer balconies on the external sides if they have an internal courtyard.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
My phone has been blowing up about this from all aspects (I still live here part time), so I've been checking in on friends, been checked on myself, local NPR station is blowing up, all local news stations, both newspapers, the entire lot. We're okay, but I'm holding off any judgments or anything until we know that everyone we care about, including those here and relatives of those here on this forum, are okay.

BL.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Shots apparently started in a middle of an Aldean song. Look at the jumbotron in the vid. Jason starts looking at others in his band wondering what's going on.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Wow, absolutely horrific. The survivor interviews on the news are heartbreaking. I wish the best for everyone involved. Just watching the video it sounds like an incredible amount of shooting... more like a helicopter than a gun.

Reactions: deany

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
This is absolutely horrific. My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families. I haven't been to Vegas for a really long time. This venue didn't exist then so I had to look it up. Seems like a horrible location to put an open air concert venue given the multiple highrise hotel rooms around it.

Had to have broken a window. I'm not aware of any hotels that offer balconies on the external sides if they have an internal courtyard.
There's good reason they don't offer balconies with all the alcohol that is served in those hotels!

Reactions: Huntn

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
I'm so sorry about this. I really am. All the heartbreak and pain is sad.

But I'm tellin ya from all the clips I've seen this guy had to have an automatic on a tri-pod or maybe even a belt-fed 50 caliber weapon.

Probably 200 meters from the 32nd floor to that crowd.

Reactions: Huntn