Actual Line Up of Apple laptops? no one thanks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TreRep, Mar 12, 2015.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

actual line up :

new Macbook 12':
    -very expensive as 1st generation product
    -possibly a big update before end of 2015 (skylake really great speed improvment, ddr4 ram, wireless charge, more usb-c ports?)

Macbook Pro Retina 13:
    -very likely complete redesign before end of 2015
    -not yet usb-c
    -force touchpad incomplete (ifixit noted it's not the entire new version described for the mb12)

Macbook Air:
    -likely no more upgrades
    -non retina display unacceptable today for over 1.000 dollar machine

nothing at this time according to me is recommended... in a year all products will be deeply changed:rolleyes:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Its fine if you don't want any of the current lineup
    But I disagree with your assessment of each class

3. TreRep thread starter macrumors regular

TreRep

in a year :

macbook 12 : will become more powerful, a little more affordable and will have a couple of ports more... it will become perfect and the leading laptop for apple

macbook pro: complete redesign, very professional and powerful but more expensive and more dedicated to the pro public, with all usb-c accessories like adapters for new monitors

macbook air : will fade away or resist like the cmb

giving today 1300+ dollars to apple...i think it's not recommended... skylake is too close...

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I agree except that there's always the refurbished store where you can get stellar computers at a discount.

What does "no one thanks" mean?

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

By that logic nobody should ever buy a laptop, since they are always updated, if not outright upgraded on at least a yearly basis. Also, "according to me" doesn't exactly make an expert or informed opinion. The Air is going to have its place in the notebook ecosystem for some time to come, especially since it actually has more ports in its current configuration than the new retina MacBook.