Actual temp and weather within the icon or on the lock screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone Russ, Sep 25, 2012.

1. iPhone Russ macrumors member

The weather Icon says it 73 and sunny but its 97 degrees outside. Heck even my old balckberry told me the temp. Other than always pulling down the notification window or jail breaking my phone, is there an app the will tell me the actual temp and weather within the icon or even better .. on the lock screen?

2. tys macrumors 6502

Jailbreak and install Weathericon, shows temp and conditions on the icon in the same style as the default icon. Very slick!
    If not jailbroken, I believe there's a weather app called Fahrenheit in the store that shows the temperature as a badge on the icon (like the ones for missed calls, etc).

3. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks. I did not see one yesterday, but I see it in there now. I'll install it and check back in a week to see if there were any other ideas posted.

4. Jman13 macrumors 68000

There's an app called Fahrenheit that uses the notification badges to tell you the current temperature on the icon. It's a neat little way around it.

EDIT: Ok...see it's already been mentioned. :) I should learn to read better...