Actual weight in KG of the Anti Glare 15/17"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drayon, Apr 22, 2010.

1. drayon macrumors 6502

Anyone know the exact weight of the 15 & 17" Anti Glare machines in metric? Apple's weight spec's I presume is based on the mirror models. I'd expect the mirror models would be heavier than the Anti-Glare due to that glass plate.

Is there an exact official weight specification for the Anti-Glare 15/17? Anyone have a 15 or 17" Anti-Glare model with access to some precise weight scales to provide some figures in metric (grams or kg)? I doubt your mums diet scales would be accurate enough ;-)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Although the linked thread is already 21 hours old, one could use that.

3. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

The 15" AG model weighs in at 5lbs, so roughly a 0.5lbs decrease in weight from Apple's official specs which are for the glossy models. For the 17" AG model, you're looking at a similar/slightly more weight decrease but nothing too dramatic.

4. drayon thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies, I do request metric measurements. What exactly is the 'lbs' you guys are quoting?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. drayon thread starter macrumors 6502

Dude, there is british pounds, US pounds, Troy Pounds etc LOL you guys british?

I notice your Location: with the serial eye meaning what the London eye? hence you british?

I don't have Dashboard either btw.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No, not at all. But I have pounds in my country too, and we just say one pound to 500g. So it's easy to calculate.
    And the London Eye was too expensive for me on my two week visit. It's a nice little town, this London.

http://www.google.com/search?client...8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=oF_QS4mnIsuaONiUmKEP

8. drayon thread starter macrumors 6502

Calculator has a US Pound to KG so 5 Pound US = 2,267.96g, quite a drop. Now for the 17"