Resolved Add AppleCare+ to existing preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nosnhojm, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nosnhojm, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

nosnhojm macrumors regular

nosnhojm

Does anyone know if it is possible to add AppleCare+ to an existing preorder? I called Apple support, but they told me I had to wait until my phone was delivered, then take it to an Apple store. I would really like to do this over the phone, as it would save me the headache of trudging through the chaos at the Apple store this weekend.

Anyone successfully convince Apple support to do this for you?

2. dublin925 macrumors newbie

I did it to both of my iPhone orders. Just call 1-800-676-2775 and have them connect you to the online order team. It's possible for the online team to do it and not the service person.

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Wow! I just called that number and they did it no problem. Took about 3 minutes (literally just read the post and decided to try it because when I called 1-800-MY APPLE they told me I had to wait until I get the phone. Maybe this number routes somewhere else.)

For reference, I said "Talk to the online order team" at the prompt, gave my order number and billing zip code and got the operator who proceeded to add it on.

Also, when I open the Apple Store website and check my orders I see it has been added onto my order as well.

The guy on the phone said it will be auto-enrolled and I don't have to do anything else.

THANKS! Saves me a trip to the Apple store on madness day.

4. nosnhojm thread starter macrumors regular

nosnhojm

5. dabigone macrumors regular

Sweet. Ridiculous how hard it was to get this added over the phone when calling the main MYAPPLE number. The sales guy couldn't do it but he transferred me to someone that could.

6. SBPatterson macrumors newbie

Same here. Tried calling yesterday and was told it couldn't be added. Called # above and sales rep was able to add it and phone will automatically be enrolled when delivered. Double checked order and AppleCare+ is now added.

Wouldn't mind driving to Apple Store after phone delivered if it wasn't over 1hr each way.

Thanks to dublin925!!!

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

lol i just tried this and the people thought i was crazy.....transferred to 4 different people who were all clueless =/

round two worked and it's added. THANKS!!!

8. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

9. n42 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this if I preordered through a carrier instead of from Apple?

10. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I called that number yesterday and they told me I had to have the serial number for my I5, I found it last night, so I called back today, and they told me they could not do it, that the only way it could be done was if I went to the store... :confused: I might give them another call later and see if I have better luck, I really do not want to go t the store.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

probably not since apple will not have an order in their system for you.

12. casavage macrumors newbie

Id be interested in purchasing applecare+ as well but I placed my order through verizon. Any way to do this w/o going to genius bar?

13. jreale05 macrumors regular

Wow, I am pretty pissed right now. I called to have applecare added to my order, and before I had the lady do it, I asked if it would effect my shipping date. She said no, so I told her to add it. Well, sure enough, it pushed back my delivery date another 3 days. Then she said 'oops'. WTF really? Goodness, they have some retards working the phone lines... Thank god it was only 3 days and not 3 weeks.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

when was your ship date? That is weird...in my case my iphone is already at UPS

15. jreale05 macrumors regular

Was Oct. 2, now it is Oct. 5. Like I said, I'm just thankful it didn't change to three weeks. Just amazed by how she basically lied to me then ****** my delivery up.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

are you in the us? I wonder if it was a mistake. I thought oct 2 were only for people in canada and everyone in the US was getting the 5th as the date after the 21st

17. jreale05 macrumors regular

I'm in the U.S. , but I ordered right around where the cutoff happened (3:08 CST) so I think I had an earlier date..