Add Rupert Murdoch to the List who think Obama is a Racist

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Nov 13, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Did I miss something? I thought it was settled, for example, his justice (lower case done intentionally) department letting Black Panthers go scott free from a Civil Rights complaint after their 'creative' use of billy clubs to block whites from voting is a prime example of why people have the opinion.

Here are some facts that you might want to look at - HE LET THESE JOKERS GO

http://thebulletin.us/articles/2009/05/29/top_stories/doc4a1f42b32c161287079901.txt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOtGllNk2Gk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4o_8HtElRQ

And if President Bush let KKK guys doing the same thing to blacks get off as Obama did in this case.... what would people be saying? Yeh, I though so

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This is a product of letting racism be described as everything. I ate my oatmeal at 9:00 am this morning and it makes me a racist... what do you expect?

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

5. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

I think President Obama has been clouded by just too many years of Chicago politics, where race issues rear their ugly head every now and then. Which is actually too bad because he was born in Hawai'i, perhaps the most mixed-race state in the USA (what with large numbers of native Hawai'ians, Japanese, Chinese, and Filipinos living there).

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No big surprise here.

The only thing I wonder about is why Murdoch was even interviewed. Doesn't he have enough hired character assassins on his network that he doesn't have to go out and do it himself?

7. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

It is amazing to me how intolerant leftists are in this nation. While saying they are for inclusion, progressive leftists spend all their time hurling attacks and pejoratives at conservatives, interjecting false racist claims, and stifling divergent opinion. This case is yet another example. No... Mr. Murdock is no "racist," as is alleged. Nor is Mr. Murdock nor Mr. Beck "poisonous" as is alleged. Both are involved in the media and you should be more tolerant of their diverse opinion, even though it may differ from your own.

However, if you want to find and address some real poisonous racists, you might wish to address what a prior poster cited, i.e., "Black Panthers go scott free from a Civil Rights complaint after their 'creative' use of billy clubs to block whites from voting." I have referenced a photo below as illustration. These seem to be more qualifying for the "racist" title due to demonstrated acts =>

[​IMG]
    [Black Supremacist group that faced voter intimidation charges stemming from the November 2008 election after they stood outside one Philadelphia polling location wielding billy clubs].

It would seem to me more appropriate that if we are to stop racism, as we should in this nation, we should at least direct our attention to the real examples and address those.

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Calling Obama a racist, when his own mother was white, is nothing less than stirring up racial resentment. Question is: for what purpose? Follow the money.

This is racism:

[​IMG]

This is not:

[​IMG]

Grow up, people.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You should be more tolerant of their diverse opinion, even though it may differ from your own. :rolleyes:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Excuse me? You don't live here, so keep your BS about Chicago to yourself. Chicago is amazingly diverse. We all live together and get along for the most part. Sure, there are a few neighborhoods that stink, but they are few and isolated. We have two Chinatowns, three vibrant and large gay neighborhoods, and a fantastic Pakistani/Indian neighborhood. Many of the black and hispanic neighborhoods are awesome too. Do some research before you open your mouth,

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I am not in your nation, nor would I describe myself as a leftist. Both of these characters spend much of their time poisoning relations between communities and poisoning perceptions with overheated and simplistic propaganda. This is a fine example.

12. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Maybe you should look at some of your compatriots contributions. Now where did my flip flops go?

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Such as?

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

All that photo shows is a moron standing outside a building with a night-stick. There's even a white female just standing behind him on the phone for a long time and not getting any grief. I'm not sure what this "illustration" is meant to show :confused:? What do you mean by "creative use"? What makes this man a "poisonous racist"?

Even this video shows white people standing around everywhere not getting any grief. The guy is also completely genial when asked questions by this "reporter" with the camera phone. Is there more to the story? None of the links have anything about them doing anything towards anyone. The only link with any semblance of them actively doing something is the fox news claiming "allegedly they were blocking the door". Is there actually any evidence he was "blocking white people from voting" as you claim?

As per anyone that walks around carrying a weapon I think it's frankly and utterly ridiculous (I'd rather a nightstick than the guns you americans seem to favour), but to assign a racist motive to this based on the links you (and others) have posted doesn't add up :confused:.

15. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Actually, if you did some more research, you would have seen reports of them calling whites "crackers" and proving more of a barrier to their entry. Incidentally, these were repots from ciliv rights attorney that worked in the South expanding voting rights and from a black couple working at the poll. Using the video as the only proof is not correct.

However, I guess their hate is a moot point - because Obama gave his 'foot soldiers' a free pass when his justice department dropped the civil rights complaint against them. My assumption was he did not want too may questions asked.

His actions say two words to me - TACIT APPROVAL

By the way, where is the full complaint that Obama stopped for his foot soldiers, just so you know the extent of the allegations against them. In short, it went far beyond what was on the video

http://www.justice.gov/crt/voting/misc/philadelphia_bpp_comp.php

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They are black panthers for god sakes and they have billy clubs in front of a voting booth, place a few KKK members there with pitchforks and see what happens.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Allegations != Reality. People can claim all sorts of stuff took place that actually didn't. Clearly there was no real case of them doing anything wrong as the case didn't even get to court.

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I shouldn't have to do more research to back up your claims that you've provided links for.

I didn't just use the video. I also read the links you provided. Which demonstrated none of the racist behaviour you are falling over yourself to claim. The only page that gets linked with the claims of blocking voters is a washington times opinion piece.

This is better.

However it still doesn't back up your claims;
    Sounds like they were just absolute arses. To say that their motivations were anti-white from anything you've presented is a bit of a stretch. I can't see a single allegation on that page that they blocked voters as you claim :confused: Their actions standing there with a weapon and their alleged behaviour I find abhorrent. However to escalate what actually happened to make it non-white motivated and then to claim that Obama is racist because this case was dropped is petulant and petty.

Their behaviour was absolutely indefensible however and shouldn't be tolerated. They most certainly should have been moved on.

19. Queso macrumors G4

Rupert Murdoch is a complete turd, that's for sure.

20. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Sure, no problem, I would like to highlight the hate that Obama covered up for this black panther foot soldiers.

Stephen R. Morse "Cracker, you about to be ruled by a black man."

Chris Hill "White power don't rule here.”

Larry and Angela Counts (a black couple) said they were referred to as "race traitor" and felt intimidated

For citation

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/30/no-3-at-justice-okd-panther-reversal/print/

Moreover, this is an account from Bartle Bull, who among other things was a civil rights attorney in Mississippi as well as working in the campaigns of Robert Kennedy and Carter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoEpySrLYxs

I hope that is sates your request as to the allegations that Obama dropped ALL legal action on. Yep, don’t want to make the Black Panthers upset, because 2010 and 2012 may be challenging years. What better to suppress the white vote than a group of black panthers with Billy clubs providing ‘protection’? However, if they were prosecuted further, then it might send a message that white voter intimidation is wrong or something… and that is NOT the message this administration wants to send apparently.

To me, any voter intimidation needs to prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I guess that is just my crazy way of thinking. I’m sure people will call me a raciest for saying such things.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And on top of that you've got Good Times, and the Bozo Show!

Represent. So wassup?!? :D

BL.

22. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I love it.... skunk calls for a new rule where you can't repost someone else's quote with modifications to make a point, but this entire forum is littered with liberals who do the same without recourse..... i.e. "fixed it for you" posts. :rolleyes:

If I could just get my post count up :rolleyes::rolleyes:

23. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Which are racist things to say. As I said they sound like arses. Are you trying to say that they should go to gaol based on racist taunts?

I never questioned that the case was dropped. I questioned your/IntheNet's claims that they were stopping whites from voting/entering the polling place. Your claim that these individuals are "foot soldiers" of your president is also absolute and utter garbage.

Of course it should be. I'm not sure why you'd think that would make you racist :confused:.

Do you actually have anything to contribute to PRSI besides petulant culture wars nonsense?

24. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

How about we start off with equal treatment and moderation?

25. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

So you've nothing to add to this discussion. If you want to complain about moderation send a PM to the mods or start a thread in site feedback.