Add someone who's not on Facebook to Facebook without getting them to join Facebook

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by moonman239, Jan 28, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

The title might confusing, so let me clarify what I'm talking about. Let's say I have a friend who has a Windows Live account, but he doesn't have a Facebook. Without getting him to join Facebook, it would be kind of cool if I could see his activity on Windows Live as if he were on Facebook and vice versa. So what he "likes" on Windows Live would look like a Facebook "like" to me. What he posts on Windows Live shows up on my Facebook "News Feed." Whatever album he posts shows up as an album on Facebook.

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

If you want to stalk someone you really shouldn't tell people.

3. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

By your logic, adding someone on Facebook is stalking too :rolleyes:

OP, I did a search and found an app for WLM which adds FB functions, but nothing that does the reverse I'm afraid.

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

oops I missed the :D off the end.

5. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Ahh, fair enough :p

6. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

As far as i know Microsoft does not support Facebook's open graph api, so simple implementation is not possible. Can you pull action data out of Live into an XML or other feed?

7. juanmaria, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

juanmaria macrumors newbie

In a move designed to bring closer together the approximately 500 million Windows Live users and 150 million Facebook members, the two companies announced a new stage in their alliance at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2009) in Las Vegas.. The marriage between Windows Live and Facebook is yet to be finalized, but the companies pointed out that, in the coming months, they would have all the aspects of the new bridge between Microsoft's cloud applications and services and the social network wrapped up. Neither of the parties indicated a specific deadline when users would be able to take advantage of the integration of Facebook into Windows Live.