Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Home Add whole room to favourites?

MrGimper

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Hi all

My home is completely set up with Philips Hue and bulbs with motion sensors etc. I can add individual lights to the favourites that can be accessed via iOS control centre, but can I add a whole room? My kitchen has 6 bulbs and want to switch them all on and off at once like I can via the Hue app.

wooger

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2008
Hi all

My home is completely set up with Philips Hue and bulbs with motion sensors etc. I can add individual lights to the favourites that can be accessed via iOS control centre, but can I add a whole room? My kitchen has 6 bulbs and want to switch them all on and off at once like I can via the Hue app.

You can, spent about 3 days trying to work it out myself.

Go to the Home app.
Long press on one of the lights you want to group together.
Press the cog in the bottom right.
Click "Group Accessories" and select the bulbs you want to show as one.
Done.

It's confusingly different to the Phillps Hue app, but works OK, as there's no modern widget for that right now.

Reactions: MrGimper
Comment

waw74

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2008
what wooger said

I have an ikea lamp with 3 bulbs.
Tall Top, Tall middle, tall bottom.
all 3 are grouped into "tall lamp"

you can still set different levels or colors for each bulb if you want. both live and in scenes.

I can ask siri for "tall lamp" and she'll do all 3
or I can ask for "tall middle" and she'll only control the one.

also have a "night light" scene that turns the top 2 off, and the bottom to a dim warm white. (there are also other lights around the house in the scene)

Reactions: MrGimper
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.