Added another 4gb of ram to my 21.5

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ScottFitz, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Probably didn't need it, but did it anyway. Total of 8 gb. It was pretty fast before, but seems a bit zippier now. Activity monitor now shows a good amount of free ram. Before I was down below 25% of total available at times.

2. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Congrats - I added another 4gigs to my 21.5", crucial was my brand of choice. I always like to increase the ram as virtualisation eats the stuff for breakfast.

I'm in the process of adding a Intel G2 X-25m to my imac, have you thought about adding a SSD for a real boost now that your hard drive is the bottleneck?

3. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I wish it was cheap for me to upgrade to 8 gigs in my MBP :( oh well, I guess I have to wait for prices to drop! I was also thinking about getting an Intel X-25 G2, but I have decided to wait another year or so, I can live with a standard HDD.

4. Aven SkyGazer macrumors regular

can you please tell me the exact ram you used down to the model so that I may check on newegg :) they honor some great worldwide shipping.

5. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is the description according to amazon.com....

Kingston Apple 4GB Kit (2x2GB Modules) 1066MHz DDR3 SODIMM iMac and Macbook Memory (KTA-MB1066K2/4GR)