adding a line and switching to att family plan? do you keep rollover minutes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by einmusiker, May 18, 2010.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

hi,

I want to add a line of service to my iphone plan with a blackberry bold and switch to a family talk plan. will I have to sign a new contract? my iphone contract is up and I want to upgrade in june. will I keep my 4000 rollover minutes? thanks!

2. Surely Guest

Surely

iThink that you'll get the most accurate answer by calling 611.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If they consider it a downgrade of your plan then yes, you lose rollover minutes. It's stated online.

4. geko29 macrumors 6502

Typically when you make any changes to your core plan, you lose all your rollover minutes except for an amount equal to your monthly allowance. So if you have 4000 rollover minutes and you switch to a 700 minute family talk plan, you'll lose 3300 rollovers and be left with 700, plus the 700 you normally get at the start of the month as the regular part of your plan. So on day 1, you'll have 1400 minutes total, and start using/accumulating rollover from there.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can try talking to a CSR and hopefully they will give you like half of them or some as a bonus but I doubt they will let you keep them all.

6. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Yes & No

I switched from a single plan that had rollover minutes to a family plan and they wiped out the minutes. However, they did keep a certain number - the same number of your family plan.

IE - if your family plan is 1400 minutes, they let me keep that amount when switching, no more. Was fine by me.

Just mention it when you switch. I have like 7000 rollover minutes now. I should start talking my arse off before they expire :)

7. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I will call them and see. btw i'm on a premier account. I don't mind losing some of the minutes but I want to keep like 2000. I also don't wan't to sign a new contract because I want to get the new iphone in june

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was able to keep all mine when switching plans, since the CSR didn't mention this fact when they were trying to get me to take this lovely new plan (because it would save me money).

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice.
    Some csr's are cool.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It was either do that or we we were going to cancel everything with AT&T and go to Verizon.