Adding Applecare + after order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tsduke, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tsduke macrumors regular

Is Apple going to allow adding Applecare + over the phone if we order from Vzw?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You have 30 days to take it to a Genius and have them inspect it, then you can purchase AppleCare +. If you didn't order it at the time of ordering the phone thats the only way to do it as per Apple's policy.

3. ZipZap macrumors 603

Once phone delivered just call apple direct and buy it. No need to go to a store for inspection.

This is the approach used when the 4S was released.

4. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

ZipZap is correct. Contacted AppleCare Plus rep yesterday and was told that after the phone is purchased and activated, all we have to do is call the AppleCare Plus sales rep and we can buy it over the phone. Must be done within 30 days.

If you want to verify this, please call AppleCare Plus Sales Dept to do it, not Apple support or the normal sales dept.
    They got it wrong.

5. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, that's what I did with 4S as well so that's why I wondered if they were allowing it again. I want to order from Vzw because Apple's date is out further.

6. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

I don't know if it matters that I ordered from Apple, but I called 800-APL-CARE, spoke with AppleCare sales, and they added it to my order for me. It took a couple different people to do this, but it's done.

m

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

if you already have the phone then you have to go to an apple store and have a genius inspect the phone for damage before you can purchase applecare+

8. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

Would I not need the phone in order to get the serial#?

9. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

try calling AppleCare and see if they can lookup your order from VZW. Slim chances, but possible.

m

10. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

I has the 4S I ordered from Vzw in hand when i called last year to get it.

11. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

once you receive the phone technically you have to go to an apple store to get applecare+ so they can make sure you arent trying to purchase it for a broken phone after the fact.

it seems people have been having mixed success getting it added to there orders that are currently processing and shipping.

----------

since they launched applecare+ last year with the 4S it seemed like there was lots of confusion as to when and how it could be added.

go here: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

and see if your iphone 5 is in your profile. If it is then apple and you can see the serial of your phone and you may be able to order it now

12. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Calling 800-275-2273 (AppleCare) on the day you get your phone would be the first and best option, if they won't let you get it today.

m

13. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I have a question kind of related to this thread... Most people are saying not to purchase applecare+ for iPhone. I agree to a certain extent. Would you say putting insurance on it through Verizon is smarter than spending the extra hundred at purchase of the iPhone 5? Thank you.

14. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

It looks like it will cost more for VZW's insurance. Plus, the deductible it insane.

15. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

how much is verizon's iphone insurance a month? and what is the deductible?

16. Gaidin43 macrumors regular

Is there a difference between AppleCare and AppleCare + now? I always would buy AppleCare before my 1 year warranty was up and use it to get a brand new phone right before the 2 year mark was up.

What are people's thoughts on getting AppleCare or AppleCare +?

17. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

18. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Absolutely wrong.....

This is for the Verizon Carrier phone

As mentioned, I and another forum member called applecare plus sales dept yesterday. Got it ? Yesterday, and was informed that once the Verizon phone arrives, once activated, call AppleCare Plus sales department and requests AppleCare Plus. It is doable. Got it this time. Call the AppleCare Plus sales department for goodness sakes

19. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I too purchased it for my 4s after delivery/activation without having to go in. I hope they allow this again since my closest apple retail store is far far away. I don't see why I can't just call and pay the $$ now and once I get my phone and activate it, I can give them my # or whatever they use to tie it to my device.

20. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I like Apple. They are a company that stands behind their product, and once you bring your iphone in, they will take care of you right then and there. Insurance companies take time to process and you maybe out of a phone for a brief time. The cost per month from a Carrier is more but they cover loss and theft while AppleCare Plus does not. Others can weigh in on their experiences

----------

Yes they will. Must call AppleCare + sales department after the phone is activated first. I made a phone call a few minutes ago to have it verified. ;)

21. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Do you know the numbers for how much it is plus what is the deductible?

22. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I want to say it's like $9.99/month with a $150 deductible. I've also read reports where people have had a claim and tried to file another and were dropped.

I stick with AppleCare+ for my needs now.

23. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Sounds good, thanks for your help. I'll probably go with applecare+ again this time around.:D

24. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

for more cliarification:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/features/calling_features/equipment_protection.html

25. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

then i guess apple's website is wrong along with the executive relations people i have spoken too

http://store.apple.com/us/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-for-iphone

How to get AppleCare+

Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
    Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase at Apple Retail (requires a Genius Bar appointment, inspection of the iPhone & proof of purchase). Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order.