Adding AppleCare+ for iPhone5 order from Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dylanursula, Sep 15, 2012.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

All

I've decided I want to add AppleCare+ for my iPhone5 order from Apple.com - however it is preparing for shipment so wanted to know if I can do it before hand without having to go into the store the day of delivery. I called Apple but it said "we have expected higher than normal calls please try later" and gives a dead tone. Thanks

2. jennyfer macrumors member

Did you get the email from Apple offering to add AppleCare+ to your order? I received the email this morning and it said you just needed to reply to the email by 9/21. Of course, I ordered via the iPhone Apple store app.

3. d.steve macrumors regular

Ditto. But, do they still have the non-warranty $199 replacement option?

No usage: you're out $149
    Use once: you saved $50
    Use twice: you saved $200

Here's the email body:

===
    Dear ******

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5 purchase at the Apple Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren't given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please reply to this email by September 21st.

After that date, if you would still like to purchase AppleCare+ within the first thirty days of receiving your iPhone, you can call AppleCare at 800-MY-IPHONE or visit an Apple Retail Store.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,

Apple Online Store Team

4. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow - no I did not - that would be an easy fix :(

----------

Trying Apple Chat now...

5. d.steve macrumors regular

FWIW, I received my email ~27 hours after I ordered. So, it might still be coming if you just ordered it.

6. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks d.steve - I ordered mine at around 4am Eastern on Friday morning through the Apple App.

7. jennyfer macrumors member

I just checked - I ordered 2 phones at 12:05 and 12:08 am PST on 9/14. Emails came in last night at 2:24 am and 3:58 am.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Watch your Inbox (and also your Spam folder, just in case.) I ordered from Apple.com via the iPhone Store app at 3:15 am EDT Friday and the email was in my Inbox this morning. Just reply to the email and it gets added to your order #. :)