Adding Applecare+ Purchased iPhone from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lthompson, Sep 14, 2012.

1. lthompson macrumors member

I preordered the 5 from AT&T. Is there any way to add Applecare+ to the phone without going to the Apple Store? One would think it could be added before recieving the phone.

2. Ellsass macrumors member

Same question, but for Verizon. I'm guessing we're SOL because Apple would want some sort of proof of purchase before the phone is in your hands and I doubt they're set up to communicate that info with the carriers.

3. Joel H. macrumors newbie

Last year when I purchased the iPhone 4S through AT&T, there wasn't an option to add AppleCare+...Apple acknowledged that carriers were having trouble with that so they extended the amount of time you could get it after you purchased the phone to 90 days...I was able to call them up and add it right on to my phone...I've been wondering the same thing this year as well as I didn't see an option to add it on either. Hopefully Apple follows the same trend this year and lets you purchase it within 90 days of your purchase

4. wacomme macrumors regular

Same question. I purchased three phones online through Verizon. I want AppleCare+ on all three phones; there was no option to purchase the warranty on the Verizon site.