Adding iphone to family plan - Apple Store or ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, May 12, 2012.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Looking to add an iphone line to my FAN account. Can i do this at the apple store or do i have to go to the ATT store to do this (uggh).

Also need to transfer a number from t-mobile.

Thanks in advance!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can do this at either.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

For what you want to do, AT&T. Maybe the folks at the Apple store can get it right, but they aren't going to know what they don't know. Apple sells the hardware and can do the basics, AT&T provides the service and can advise on your account.

For example, I also have a FAN discount and after years of keeping my iPhone and the wifey's iPhone on two separate accounts, in one fell swoop I combined them into a family plan, added my mom to the account, and ported her number from Sprint to my account (also different state and area code). To do this it had to be converted into a business account. The best part was, after all this, the monthly charge for three iPhones was only $15 more than what I had been paying before. Oh, and I'm charging my mom $30 a month. :D

I could be wrong, but don't think a Genius would have thought of that or could have done that. If they try and do something wrong, the pain with AT&T of undoing it would be an order of magnitute worse that setting it up with AT&T.

4. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks all. Does anyone know what the cost is with the 3 GB a month data and lowest phone minutes plan to add a line?