Adding line for upgrade..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kannesss, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kannesss, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

kannesss macrumors 6502a

I thought of this earlier.
    If I was to just add a line to my current Verizon contract, could I just get a ip5 that way... Then just cancel the line later and use the phone myself. Or can I change the primary number to that line and just delete the original one? Data and all that isn't an issue, I use way less Than a GB since I have wifi everywhere.

This seems possible... Just wanted to see if you've tried it.

Again, just add a new line, order the phone, and when it gets here activate it, then cancel the other line or cancel that one and just transfer the phone over. If there's like a period of time before you can cancel it that's fine, Idc about paying 10.00 more for a different line. I would just end use of the other one.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you open a new line for upgrade and then cancel it, you're going to have to pay the termination fee. what is it, $350?

3. kannesss, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

How much more could it possibly be to just have two lines and use just one?
    Honestly if its less than 30$ more, I'll just keep both lines. I have an upgrade next year, and when that's used on the 5S, I can use the other line for the 6.

4. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just looked at it. Basically I'll be paying 40$ less a month to have two different lines that have two upgrade a year apart. Therefore I can always get the newest iPhone on an upgrade price. Oh this is the best idea I've found yet.