Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

el3ktro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
When the first beta of iOS 6 was released, Apple Maps had only very few POIs, so I added two cafés on my street using the Apple Maps "Report a Problem" button. Until today, neither of the two cafés have been showing up in Apple Maps, although Apple added A LOT more POIs for my city and street.

So I was wondering, what would be the correct way to help add more POIs? Should I use the "Report a Problem" button in Apple Maps, or just I add them using Yelp, as Apple Maps is using Yelp info for POIs?

Has anybody found information regarding this or tried it out?

el3ktro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Are all POIs in apple maps "imported" from yelp only? Or does Apple has other sources?

There are places in Apple Maps that are not in Yelp and vice versa. So I suppose Apple has multiple sources.

I think adding new POIs should be a central feature of every maps application.

MkNuII

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2011
Portugal
Appears to be multiple sources.

There are places in Apple Maps that are not in Yelp and vice versa. So I suppose Apple has multiple sources.

I think adding new POIs should be a central feature of every maps application.

Good. Here in Portugal, Yelp is nearly invisible in terms of information and result, so it would be a great setback when facing Google Maps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.