Additional advantages of the 6 Plus - better speakers, cell performance, etc?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProMod, Sep 10, 2014.

1. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I'm sure this will be known once the pros get their hands on review units and post their findings, but I wonder if the 6 Plus will have additional advantages not mentioned yet? Better speakers, better mic, better cell performance, etc all due to being a larger device and having more room for better components or simply better spacing for the same components used in the 6?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. aneftp macrumors 601

The one obviously advantage is battery life.

24 hour talk time for 6 plus vs 14 hour for iPhone 6. That obviously will translate to phone use every day advantage for the plus model.

4. techishi macrumors member

-Better screen resolution & ppi, due to bigger screen.
    -Better battery life, due to bigger battery.
    -OIS ( optical image stabilization )

5. 0000757 macrumors 68040

I think the differences are just what they told us. OIS, larger battery, and bigger/better screen.

The antenna is the same and the body is designed similar to the 6 so there's not really room for a larger/better speaker and the antenna is the same.

I'm glad they do this though, having small differences. Rather than the S5 vs S5 mini (or G3 vs. G3 S, One vs. One mini, etc.) where the hardware is a major downgrade. My fear was the 6 would have a better processor, better camera, more exclusive features, but only the display and battery are different and the only exclusive feature is OIS, which makes the 6 still in the league as the 6+. I hope they keep this strategy and I hope that other companies follow suit (Motorola did it with the mini/ultra/max)

6. ProMod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys, I realize the advantages they actually discussed, I'm just speculating that there could be additional advantages we won't know about until reviewers can put both models through their paces.